Waihana has set out to create Hawaii’s best spearfishing and freediving wetsuit and they held nothing back. They chose the very best eco-friendly Yamamoto #39 neoprene because of it’s excellent performance characteristics and assembled our suit with bombproof and extremely durable glue-over-stitch bonding. When you put on a WAIHANA Goliath Grouper Wetsuit, you will feel the quality immediately, while brilliant additions like an integrated distress whistle located on the shoulder will keep you feeling safe all day. The titanium dioxide lining makes it a breeze to slip into the suit while underway, and with thick screen printing, you won’t go sliding around above deck. Buy Local. By Locals. WAIHANA.
The Goliath Grouper, or itajara (Epinephelus Itajara), also known as “jewfish”, is a large saltwater fish of the grouper family found primarily in shallow tropical waters among coral and artificial reefs at depths from 5 to 50 m (16 to 164 ft). Its range includes the Florida Keys in the US, the Bahamas, most of the Caribbean and most of the Brazilian coast. On some occasions, it is caught off the coasts of the US states of New England off Maine and Massachusetts. In the eastern Atlantic Ocean, it occurs from the Congo to Senegal.
- Dye camouflage on Ultra-Stretch Poly Lycra Laminate
- 24K Gold Titanium Dioxide Internal Coating
- Hooded jacket
- 7mm chest loading pad on exterior of suit
- Preformed arms for ultimate fitt/comfort
- Glue-reinforced stitching on elbows, chestpad, and whistle pocket
- Emergency Whistle with integrated pocket
- Protective screens on chestpad, elbows and seat area
- Double closure clips on beavertail
- Smoothskin seals around wrists
- Double Sided Smoothskin seal around waist
- Smoothskin seals around ankles
- Protective screen on knees
- 3.5mm Yamamoto #39 Neoprene